Rental Policies & Conditions
- Guest includes the person making the reservation, and any persons staying at the property during the time of occupancy.
- Long Term Stay is any stay for one month or longer.
- Short Term Stay is any stay for less than one month.
- Total Booking Charges is the amount of rent for your unit, plus booking fee, housekeeping (cleaning) fee, Accidental Damage Repair Service Fee, taxes and Red Sky Travel Insurance, as applicable.
- Check-In / Check-Out Times: CHECK-IN BEGINS 4 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. CST (9 A.M CHECK-IN AND 3 P.M. CST CHECK-OUT for a limited number of properties as posted in their descriptions). NO Early Check-in or late check-out without prior authorization. Early check-ins and Late check-outs require special arrangements, and they may be subject to an additional fee. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures.
- Advance Reservations: Reservations may be placed up to one (1) year in advance, but are subject to the rates in effect for that year. We also reserve the right to correct or adjust rates to the published rates at the time of the reservation in the event that they have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
- Advanced Rent Payment: A booking fee of 4.95% of the total rent is added to each reservation for booking your reservation. An advanced rent payment of 50% of the total rent is required at the time of booking. The advance rent payment will be applied towards the total rent due (it is not a damage or security deposit).
- Housekeeping Fee: A housekeeping fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. The fee will vary depending on the size of the property. This fee covers the cleaning of the property upon departure. If properties are found abnormally dirty at check-out, you may be subject to additional cleaning charges ranging from $50 to $500 (to be taken out of your security deposit). Additional Mid-Stay or Daily Cleaning Services are available at an additional charge. To avoid an extra cleaning charge: wash all pots, pans, glasses, cookware and dishes and leave the property in a neat and orderly condition. A $75 garbage removal fee will be taken out of your security deposit if all garbage is not removed from inside the house at time of check-out.
- Taxes: A total of 12% tax will be collected on all rentals located in Walton County.
- Final Payment of Rent: Final rental payments are due in full sixty (60) days prior to arrival. For stays longer than 30 days the balance of the rental fee is due 120 days prior to the Check-In date. We accept checks, bank money orders, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa and Discover). Credit cards, however, are only accepted for short-term rentals (stays of less than 30 days).
- Last Minute Reservation: The full payment is required at the time of booking for all reservations made within 30 days from arrival. You may either express mail a cashier’s check or money order, or use your credit card on file at the time you make the reservation. Cancelations for last minute reservations will be treated the same as all other cancelations.
- Travel Protection/Trip Cancelation Insurance: Paradise Beach Rentals has contracted with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide Sun Trip Preserver® coverage for our guests in order to offer you Trip Cancelation & Travel Insurance to protect your vacation investment against hurricane evacuations, injury sickness, death and other unforeseen covered circumstances. It is automatically calculated, but NOT included in the Total Balance Due on the Reservation Confirmation (you must accept or decline the coverage AND check the box during checkout). The plan is optional, and the service can be declined if you so choose. Details and questions about the coverage are described in full in specific program documentation.
- Security Deposit Policy: Security deposits will be charged to your credit card on file (Visa/Mastercard/Discover), 7 days prior to check-in and will be refunded within 10 days from the date of departure and after verification with Paradise Beach Rentals that there are no additional charges due to property damage, lost/damaged linens, excessive cleaning or damaged/missing bikes/beach chairs (if applicable). A credit card number must be provided for any damages above the security deposit amount. Paradise Beach Rentals' inspectors walk through each unit after check-out to insure the property is left in good order. If a fee is charged, an explanation will be provided, along with photos of the damage. Any theft of items will also be deducted from the security deposit. Security Deposits vary by property. All security deposits will be held in escrow.
- Substitute of Accommodations: On occasion, the accommodations reserved become unavailable, for example due to the sale of the property. Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without notice or liability in the event the reserved property becomes unavailable (at no additional cost to you). If a comparable or better property is not available, Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to substitute another of our available properties, with appropriate reduction in rent. If no other property is available, Paradise Beach Rentals’ sole liability is to refund the total rents paid. Paradise Beach Rentals will make every attempt to notify you as soon as possible if substitution must be made.
- No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any Paradise Beach Rentals accommodation. Violations of our no smoking policy may result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of rent and an additional cleaning and deodorizing fee of $500 - $1,000, which will be charged to the credit card on file or taken out of your security deposit. Any Guest smoking in a non-smoking property will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not permitted in a rental property unless agreed upon at the time the reservation is made. A non-refundable Pet Fee will be charged at the time of reservation as follows:
a. 1 pet: $125 - $175 depending on the home;
b. Additional Pets: $25 - $100 per pet, depending on the home;
c. A $500 fee PER PET will be assessed if pets are found to have been in the rental property without pre-authorization or if the pet exceeded the documented weight restrictions associated with that property.
- Maximum Occupancy: Paradise Beach Rentals has set and published occupancy & parking limits for every unit and strictly enforces these limits. The Maximum Occupancy is determined by the bedding provided in the Rental Property and/or the limit set by Paradise Beach Rentals and the Owner of the Rental Property. Exceeding the maximum occupancy will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments.
- Minimum Stay: Our properties require a minimum stay of two (2) nights (during off season). Longer minimum stays may be required during peak seasons or holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than the required minimum stay, you will be charged the minimum stay rate.
- Age Requirement: Paradise Beach Rentals will not enter into a Rental Agreement with anyone under the age of 25. Paradise Beach Rentals may approve, at the time of reservation and at our discretion, to rent to groups, but you must disclose at the time of reservation:
a. that you are a non-family group; and
b. the majority of the group members must be at least 25 years of age; or
c. if you are a family group, that there will be no more than five (5) children (under 17 years of age) to each (1) adult over the age of 25 staying at the property.
It is Paradise Beach Rentals’ policy that any reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed or if discovered after check-in, will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.
Additionally, be advised that Paradise Beach Rentals considers any groups that violate this policy are injuring the reputation, dignity, or standing of the establishment. You, or any one of your party’s failure to vacate the property immediately upon our notifying you that we no longer desire to entertain you and request that you immediately depart from the establishment may result in your being found guilty of a misdemeanor under the laws of this state under Florida Statutes 509.141.
- Linens/Towels/Supplies: Paradise Beach Rentals has provided you with the initial paper products, dishwashing liquid, trash bags, laundry detergent and toiletries. We have also provided clean linens and towels in your rental unit. It is your responsibility to launder them as needed. We do not provide daily housekeeping service. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS AND BEACH BLANKETS. BATH TOWELS AND LINENS ARE NOT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE UNIT. Any lost or damaged linens will be charged to your credit card on file or taken out of your security deposit. Cleaning supplies are not provided.
Please do not use white towels to remove make-up. Black Make-up towels are provided for removing make-up. Do not use white towels to remove sunbathing oils and bronzers or to wipe up spills or liquids (please use paper towels). These actions will soil the white towels and make them unusable. In the event that the towel(s) are damaged and have to be disposed of, your credit card on file will be charged or the costs will be taken out of your security deposit.
- Hurricane Evacuation: In the event of a “Mandatory Evacuation” by our local governing officials and the National Hurricane center, for the location of your rental property, Guests covered by Red Sky Travel Insurance may be entitled to a full or partial refund. If you have declined Red Sky Travel Insurance you will NOT be entitled to a refund.Refer to your trip cancelation policy or contact Red Sky directly for specific information and/or refund procedures. Details about the coverage and can be obtained by reviewing a policy at http://www.trippreserver.com, or by calling 1-866-889-7409. If you choose to leave due to “Storm Warnings” or “Voluntary Evacuation” no refunds will be given. Refunds for cancelations, due to actual or anticipated hurricanes, tropical storms or other inclement weather will NOT be issued by Paradise Beach Rentals under any circumstances.
- No Subletting:The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is non-transferable.
- Payment Methods: At the time of booking, an advanced rent payment will be required (see Paragraph 4, above) by credit card or check. Accepted credit cards are VISA, MasterCard and Discover. The advanced rent payment must be made at the time of booking. The final payment will be automatically charged 60 days prior to your arrival using the same credit card you used to process the advanced rent payment.
- Violating Agreement: Any violations of these terms and conditions Paradise Beach Rentals or of the Rental Agreement Paradise Beach Rentals will subject your entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments. In addition, any damage done to the property during your stay will result in your credit card being charged for the cost of repair or replacement, at our sole discretion.
- Fireworks and Firearms: The use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited at all Paradise Beach Rentals properties.
- Right of Entry: Guest agrees that the Paradise Beach Rentals Agents may enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, deliver household items, or have a scheduled service carried out to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Company may deem appropriate, or to show the property to prospective purchasers.
- Neighborhood Rules/HOA: Many of our rental properties are located in mix-use neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year-round residents and are controlled by a Home Owner’s Association and or Condominium Association. These associations have very strict rules that must be respected. Most violations warrant a fine that the guest will be responsible for paying. Many rental properties prohibit the onsite parking of recreational vehicles, personal watercraft (boats, trailers, jet skis, etc.) and/or restrict the number of motorized vehicles per rental unit. Please note these restrictions as set forth on our website, relating to the property that you are reserving.
- Policies & Rules: These Terms and Conditions are meant to protect our guests and home owners alike. All guests, as well as owners are required to conform accordingly. Violators are subject to eviction and possible criminal charges according to Florida Statute 509.141. Violation of these Terms and Conditions by the guest or any member of your party may result in additional charges, eviction and/or the forfeiture of advance payments of rent and/or imposition of charges to repair any damage. Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated these rental Policies and Rules in the past.
- Construction near your property: Paradise Beach Rentals represents growing communities and there is a chance that your unit may be near or next to some construction. Noise and altered views due to construction are beyond our control. If noise is excessive, you may notify Paradise Beach Rentals and we can attempt to contact the contractor/builder. Refunds, additional discounts, substitutions, or cancelations cannot be made due to nearby/next door construction.
- Indemnification and Hold Harmless: By making a reservation, Guest agrees to indemnify and hold the property’s Owner and Paradise Beach Rentals harmless from and against any liability arising from or related to Guest’s use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, accidents, loss, damage or theft of Guest’s personal property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest(s). By making a reservation, Guest further releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the property’s Owner, Paradise Beach Rentals, its officers, staff, agents, or employees for any liability, claim and or cause of action arising from or related Guest’s use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, accidents, loss, damage or theft of Guest’s personal property.
- Agency Disclosure: Paradise Beach Rentals serves as the Agent & representative of all owners of vacation properties in its rental program, and is acting at all times, in and for the best interests of the owners. Guest acknowledges that Owner of Rental Property may be a licensed Real Estate Agent.
- Personal Items: Management will not be held responsible for acts of theft or vandalism or other damages to the guest’s personal items left in the Home. Neither management, nor the owner is responsible for personal items left on the premises by guests upon departure.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of Florida and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction, located in the County within which the Rental Property is located.
- Bike & Pool Liability: By signing the Rental Agreement electronically and accepting the terms and conditions attached thereto, Guests who rent units that provide complementary bikes and/or a pool, further consent to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the attached Bike Waiver and Pool Disclaimer and Release of Liability Addendum, the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
- Electronic Door Locks: If you or any one in your party tampers with the lock OR the Smart HUB (plugged in near the lock) there will be a $75 fee per incident that will be taken out of your security deposit (Touch both the lock and the HUB and that’s $150).
- Golf Carts:By signing the Rental Agreement electronically and accepting the terms and conditions attached thereto, Guests who rent units that provide complementary, golf carts further consent to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the attached Golf Cart Liability Waiver the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
- Cancelation: All cancelations must be in writing, and delivered to Paradise Beach Rentals prior to the times set forth below:
- Short Term Stay: Cancelations made more than 120 days prior to the arrival date will receive a full refund of rent, less the booking fee. Cancelations made more than 60 days, but less than 120 days prior to the arrival date, will receive a refund of ½ of the total of booking charges. Cancelations of less than 60 days prior to the arrival date will result in a 100% loss of the total booking charges.
- Long Term Stay: Cancelations made more than 180 days prior to the arrival date will receive a full refund of rent, less the booking fee. Cancelations made more than 90, but less than 180 days prior to the arrival date will receive a refund of ½ of the total of booking charges. Cancelations of less than 90 days prior to the arrival date will result in a 100% loss of the total booking charges. Any change in the reservation of a Long-Term Stay (other than a Cancelation) must be made at least 90 days prior to the arrival date.
- Loss of rent due to a Cancelation can be avoided if Red Sky Travel Insurance was purchased and the reason for cancelation is covered under the travel insurance policy. If you choose to decline Red Sky Travel Insurance no refunds will be provided for cancelations made after the Cancelation Period, and you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges.
Bike Liability Waiver & Damage Addendum
The following terms apply to the use of any bicycles and related biking equipment provided at one of Paradise Beach Rentals’ Properties:
- The person responsible for renting through Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC (who executes this Rental Agreement via their electronic signature) (hereinafter "Operator") assumes complete liability for the care of and use of any complementary bicycles provided during their stay and assumes full liability and responsibility for ensuring adherence to the rules and safety information provided herein.
- Operator expressly acknowledges and agrees that operating a bicycle involves the risk of serious bodily injury or death, and/or property damage and hereby assumes such risk knowingly and voluntarily.
- In consideration of being permitted to ride the bicycles provided, Operator does for themselves, their guests, their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC, Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC's owners, agents, employees and assigns, as well as the Owners of the rental property and their assigns, from any and every claim, demand, action or right or action of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries, known or unknown, death or property damage resulting, or to result, from any accident that may occur and any activities in the operation of the bicycles whether by negligence or otherwise that result in injury or damage.
- Operator also hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC, its owners, agents, employees and assigns, as well as the Owners of the rental property and their assigns, from and against any claims or suits made or filed by anyone who rides the bicycles provided to Operator through this Rental Agreement.
- Rules of the road apply when bicycles are being ridden. Guests will obey all local, state and federal regulations regarding the operation of this equipment on public traffic ways, parking lots, and in public areas, including but not limited to:
- A bicycle rider or passenger (including a child who is riding in a trailer or semitrailer attached to a bicycle) who is under 16 years of age must wear a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted and is fastened securely upon the passenger’s head. Each property is outfitted with free helmets for the number of adult and children’s bicycles provided. If you do not have enough helmets upon your arrival, call Paradise Beach Rentals and we will deliver additional helmets immediately.
- Children under 4 years of age, or who weigh 40 pounds or less, must be in a seat or carrier that is designed to carry a child of that age or size and that secures and protects the child from the moving parts of the bicycle.
- A bicycle rider may not allow a passenger to remain in a child seat or carrier on a bicycle when the rider is not in immediate control of the bicycle.
- Please always ride in the lane marked for bicycle use if one is available.
- Because the bicycles provided are not equipped with the statutorily required lighting sufficient to allow riding in the dark, no riding between sunset and sunrise is permitted.
- Parent and guardians are responsible for ensuring that your minor children are in compliance with these safety guidelines.
- Operator agrees to properly secure the bicycles at all times to avoid theft, damage or unauthorized use. This includes ensuring that all bikes are locked and properly secured when they are ridden to another location. Every bike should come with a lock. In the event you don’t have sufficient locks to secure the bikes, please let us know immediately. If bikes are left unsecured in any location and stolen or misplaced during your stay, the replacement cost of $500 will be withheld from your security deposit, or your credit card on file will be charged for the amount exceeding the deposit. If a bike lock is lost or the code is not set to the code provided, you will be charged $25 per bike lock.
- Operator agrees that the bicycles will only be left at his/her rental property overnight and not at any other locations.
With your electronic signature to this Rental Agreement and its incorporated Addenda, you consent that you have read, understand, and agree to this Bike Liability Waiver and Damage Addendum. You are also stating that you, your family, your guests, or anyone that utilizes the bicycles from your reserved rental property has read, understands, and agrees to this Addendum and holds both Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC and the owner of the rental property you are staying in completely harmless and free of any and all liability that may arise from use of the bicycles provided.
Pool Disclaimer & Release of Liability
The undersigned, (name of registered guest), Herein (collectively) referred to as the “Guest” acknowledges that the property being rented in Walton County, Florida, the owner, through its agent, Paradise Beach Rentals, for the has an in-ground swimming pool which may cause an inherent risk to Guest and any occupants or other guests, including children. Guest hereby accepts the risk of the pool and specifically agrees that no minor children shall swim in the pool without continuous adult supervision. Minor children are defined herein as children under the age of 18 years. Guest, Guest’s children and guest shall use the pool only in a safe and healthy manner and shall undertake no acts which might risk injury or death in the use of the pool. Guest hereby assumes full control and full responsibility for the use of the in-ground swimming pool during the rental period.
- Paradise Beach Rentals. LLC is not responsible for pool equipment functionality. Paradise Beach Rentals. LLC will take every step necessary to make repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Heated pools: Paradise Beach Rentals. LLC is not responsible for failed heating equipment all repairs will be made in a timely manner. Pools will be heated to 85 degrees and will not be guaranteed in outdoor temperatures of 38 degrees and below. Any temperature above 85 degrees decreases the efficiency of sanitary chemicals; therefore temperatures should not be above this setting. If visible evidence of tampering is seen by any Paradise Beach Rentals’ staff, guest will incur fines deemed necessary to cover usage or repairs. Additional charges apply to heat the pool.
- All children not toilet trained must use swim diapers per Walton County health code. Guests must provide any applicable pool diaper needed. Any soiled pool must be shut down and chemically treated for a period of 72 hours per Walton County health department.
- By signing this agreement the Guest assumes all responsibility and charges incurred from misuse or negligence of pool equipment, pool itself, pool furniture and any pool accessories on the premises. If any problems or concerns arise when guest first arrives at the property you are immediately asked to make Paradise Beach Rentals. LLC aware of the concern to avoid any charges not held responsible by your party.
THE UNDERSIGNED GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE OWNER AND HIS/HER AGENTS, INCLUDING PARADISE BEACH RENTALS, LLC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, INJURY, ACCIDENT OR DELAY WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY GUEST, GUEST’S FAMILY, CHILDREN, INVITEES OR LICENSEES BY REASON OF: (1) GUESTS FAILURE TO FULFILL ANY CONDITION OF THIS DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY OR THE RENTAL AGREEMENT; (2) GUEST’S FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY; (3) ANY JUDGEMENT, LIEN OR OTHER EMCUMBRANCE FILED AGAINST THE RENTED PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF GUEST’S ACTIONS; OR (4) THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE OWNER OR ANY OF HIS/HER AGENTS; AND THE UNDERSIGNED SPECIFICALLY RELEASE(S) THE OWNER AND HIS/HER AGENTS THEREFROM.
THE HOME IS EQUIPPED WITH POOL ALARMS ON THE DOORS THAT OPEN ONTO THE POOL AREA - DO NOT DISCONNECT THEM. THE ALARMS ARE THERE FOR YOUR PROTECTION AND ARE REQUIRED BY FLORIDA LAW. IF YOU DISCOVER A POOL ALARM INOPERABLE, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY SO REPAIRS CAN BE MADE. GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES THAT AN AUTOMATIC FINE WILL BE CHARGED FOR COSTS INCURRED RESULTING FROM TAMPERING WITH OR DAMAGING THE POOL ALARM(S). FINES COULD RANGE FROM $100 UP TO $500.00, DEPENDING ON ALARM SYSTEMS.
PARADISE BEACH RENTALS, LLC - AGENT FOR OWNER
With your electronic signature to this Rental Agreement and its incorporated Addenda, you consent that you have read, understand, and agree to this Pool Disclaimer & Release of Liability. You are also stating that you, your family, your guests, or anyone that utilizes the pool from your reserved rental property has read, understands, and agrees to this Addendum and holds both Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC and the owner of the rental property you are staying in completely harmless and free of any and all liability that may arise from use of the pool.
It is hereby agreed by and between Paradise Beach Rentals and the undersigned, (Guest), that Paradise Beach Rentals will allow Guest to have the agreed upon number of dogs and no others in the vacation home, upon and subject to the Rental Policies and Conditions of the rental agreement and this addendum.
Guest hereby agrees to comply with the following:
- Guest to pay an additional non-refundable pet fee, per the Rental Policies and Conditions in Paragraph 14, for the entire stay.
- All pets must be up to date on all rabies vaccination and all other vaccinations. Be sure to bring current “tags” for pet.
- Pets MUST BE LEASHED at all times when outside.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up after pets, bring pick up bags made for this purpose. If you don't clean up after your dog, you will lose your security deposit.
- In case of “accidents” Guest will have to pay for additional cleaning costs of soiled carpet or furniture due to pet stay.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellant prior to arrival.
- Guest to prevent pets from causing excessive noise or becoming a nuisance to other residents.
- Pets should not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pets should not be left unattended on balcony or patios.
- Guest will have to pay additional costs of any damages caused by the pet, which may not be covered under the Accidental Rental Damage Protection Policy.
- Paradise Beach Rentals assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- If Pet is on furniture please place a blanket or towel down to reduce the amount of hair or dirt getting on couch or bed linens.
- If your Dog goes in the pool, this is an automatic forfeiture of your security deposit.
The Guest shall solely be responsible for the pet while on the property. (If applicable).
With your electronic signature to this Rental Agreement and its incorporated Addenda, you consent that you have read, understand, and agree to this Pet Addendum. You are also stating that you, your family, your guests, or anyone that brings a pet has read, understands, and agrees to this Addendum and holds both Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC and the owner of the rental property you are staying in completely harmless and free of any and all liability that may arise from bringing a pet.