- Guest includes the person making the reservation, and any persons staying at the property during the time of occupancy.
- Long Term Stay is any stay for one month or longer.
- Short Term Stay is any stay for less than one month.
- Total Booking Charges is the amount of rent for your unit, plus booking fee, housekeeping (cleaning) fee, Accidental Damage Repair Service fee, taxes, Red Sky Travel Insurance, as applicable.
- Check-In / Check-Out Times: CHECK-IN BEGINS 4 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. CST (9 A.M CHECK-IN AND 3 P.M. CST CHECK-OUT for a limited number of properties as posted in their descriptions). NO Early Check-in or late check-out without prior authorization. Early check-ins and Late check-outs require special arrangements, and they may be subject to an additional fee. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures.
- Advance Reservations: Reservations may be placed up to one (1) year in advance, but are subject to the rates in effect for that year. We also reserve the right to correct or adjust rates to the published rates at the time of the reservation in the event that they have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
- Advanced Rent Payment: A booking fee of 3.95% of the total rent is added to each reservation for booking your reservation. An advanced rent payment of 50% of the total rent is required at the time of booking, The advance rent payment will be applied towards the total rent due (it is not a damage or security deposit).
- Housekeeping Fee: A housekeeping fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. The fee will vary depending on the size of the property. This fee covers the cleaning of the property upon departure. If properties are found abnormally dirty at check-out, you may be subject to additional cleaning charges ranging from $50 to $500. Additional Mid-Stay or Daily Cleaning Services are available at an additional charge. To avoid an extra cleaning charge: wash all pots, pans, glasses, cookware and dishes and leave the property in a neat and orderly condition. A $75 garbage removal fee will be assessed if all garbage is not removed from inside the house at time of check-out.
- Taxes: A total of 11% tax will be collected on all rentals located in Walton County.
- Final Payment of Rent: Final rental payments are due in full sixty (60) days prior to arrival. For stays longer than 30 days the balance of the rental fee is due 120 days prior to the Check-In date. We accept checks, bank money orders, and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa and Discover). Credit cards, however, are only accepted for short-term rentals (stays of less than 30 days).
- Last Minute Reservation: The full payment is required at the time of booking for all reservations made within 30 days from arrival. You may either express mail a cashier’s check or money order, or use your credit card on file at the time you make the reservation. Cancelations for last minute reservations will be treated the same as all other cancelations.
- Travel Protection/Trip Cancelation Insurance: Paradise Beach Rentals has contracted with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide Sun Trip Preserver® coverage for our guests in order to offer you Trip Cancelation & Travel Insurance to protect your vacation investment against hurricane evacuations, injury sickness, death and other unforeseen covered circumstances. It is automatically calculated and included in the Total Balance Due on the Reservation Confirmation. The plan is optional, and the service can be declined if you so choose. Details and questions about the coverage are described in full in specific program documentation.
- Accidental Damage Repair Service: A non-refundable Accidental Damage Repair fee is required for all reservations. Damage to the Property: This fee pays for unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The cost of this program varies by property, for paying up to $1,500 of unintentional damage. This pays for accidental damages that are reported prior to checkout. Any damages that exceed the $1500 will be charged to the credit card on file that you provided. As well as damages from negligence or wonton acts.
- Security Deposit Policy: Security deposits will be charged to your credit card on file (Visa/Mastercard/Discover), 7 days prior to check-in and will be refunded within 14 days from the date of departure and after verification with Paradise Beach Rentals that there are no additional charges due to property damage, lost/damaged linens, excessive cleaning or damaged/missing bikes/beach chairs (if applicable). A credit card number must be provided for any damages above the security deposit amount. Paradise Beach Rentals’ inspectors walk through each unit after check-out to insure the property is left in good order. If a fee is charged, an explanation will be provided, along with photos of the damage. Any theft of items will also be deducted from the security deposit. Security Deposits vary by property. All security deposits will be held in escrow.
- Substitute of Accommodations: On occasion, the accommodations reserved become unavailable, for example due to the sale of the property. Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without notice or liability in the event the reserved property becomes unavailable (at no additional cost to you). If a comparable or better property is not available, Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to substitute another of our available properties, with appropriate reduction in rent. If no other property is available, Paradise Beach Rentals’ sole liability is to refund the total rents paid. Paradise Beach Rentals will make every attempt to notify you as soon as possible if substitution must be made.
- No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in any Paradise Beach Rentals accommodation. Violations of our no smoking policy may result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of rent and an additional cleaning and deodorizing fee of $500 – $1,000, which will be charged to the credit card on file. Any Guest smoking in a non-smoking property will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not permitted in a rental property unless agreed upon at the time the reservation is made. A non-refundable Pet Fee will be charged at the time of reservation as follows:
a. 1 pet: $125-$175 (will cover 2 small dogs up to 20 lbs);
b. Additional Pets: $25 – $100 per pet, depending on the home;
c. A $500 fee PER PET will be assessed if pets are found to have been in the rental property without pre-authorization or if the pet exceeded the documented weight restrictions associated with that property.
- Maximum Occupancy: Paradise Beach Rentals has set and published occupancy & parking limits for every unit and strictly enforces these limits. The Maximum Occupancy is determined by the bedding provided in the Rental Property and/or the limit set by Paradise Beach Rentals and the Owner of the Rental Property. Exceeding the maximum occupancy will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments.
- Minimum Stay: Our properties require a minimum stay of two (2) nights (during off season). Longer minimum stays may be required during peak seasons or holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than the required minimum stay, you will be charged the minimum stay rate.
- Age Requirement: Paradise Beach Rentals will not enter into a Rental Agreement with anyone under the age of 25. Paradise Beach Rentals may approve, at the time of reservation and at our discretion, to rent to groups, but you must disclose at the time of reservation:
a. that you are a non-family group; and
b. the majority of the group members must be at least 25 years of age; or
c. if you are a family group, that there will be no more than five (5) children (under 17 years of age) to each (1) adult over the age of 25 staying at the property.It is Paradise Beach Rentals’ policy that any reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed or if discovered after check-in, will subject the entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.Additionally, be advised that Paradise Beach Rentals considers any groups that violate this policy are injuring the reputation, dignity, or standing of the establishment. You, or any one of your party’s failure to vacate the property immediately upon our notifying you that we no longer desire to entertain you and request that you immediately depart from the establishment may result in your being found guilty of a misdemeanor under the laws of this state under Florida Statutes 509.141.
- Linens/Towels/Supplies: Paradise Beach Rentals has provided you with the initial paper products, dishwashing liquid, trash bags, laundry detergent and toiletries. We have also provided clean linens and towels in your rental unit. It is your responsibility to launder them as needed. We do not provide daily housekeeping service. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS AND BEACH BLANKETS. BATH TOWELS AND LINENS ARE NOT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE UNIT. Any lost or damaged linens will be charged to your credit card on file or taken out of your security deposit. Cleaning supplies are not provided. Please do not use white towels to remove make-up. Black Make-up towels are provided for removing make-up. Do not use white towels to remove sunbathing oils and bronzers or to wipe up spills or liquids (please use paper towels). These actions will soil the white towels and make them unusable. In the event that the towel(s) are damaged and have to be disposed of, your credit card on file will be charged or the costs will be taken out of your security deposit.
- Hurricane Evacuation: In the event of a “Mandatory Evacuation” by our local governing officials and the National Hurricane center, for the location of your rental property, Guests covered by Red Sky Travel Insurance may be entitled to a full or partial refund. If you have declined Red Sky Travel Insurance you will NOT be entitled to a refund. Refer to your trip cancelation policy or contact Red Sky directly for specific information and/or refund procedures. Details about the coverage and can be obtained by reviewing a policy at http://www.trippreserver.com, or by calling 1-866-889-7409. If you choose to leave due to “Storm Warnings” or “Voluntary Evacuation” no refunds will be given. Refunds for cancelations, due to actual or anticipated hurricanes, tropical storms or other inclement weather will NOT be issued by Paradise Beach Rentals under any circumstances.
- No Subletting: The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is non-transferable.
- Payment Methods: At the time of booking, an advanced rent payment will be required (see above) by credit card or check. Accepted credit cards are VISA, MasterCard and Discover. The advanced rent payment must be made at the time of booking. The final payment will be automatically charged 60 days prior to your arrival using the same credit card you used to process the advanced rent payment.
- Violating Agreement: Any violations of these terms and conditions Paradise Beach Rentals or of the Rental Agreement Paradise Beach Rentals will subject your entire group to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all payments. In addition, any damage done to the property during your stay will result in your credit card being charged for the cost of repair or replacement, at our sole discretion.
- Fireworks and Firearms: The use of firearms and fireworks is strictly prohibited at all Paradise Beach Rentals properties.
- Right of Entry: Guest agrees that the Paradise Beach Rentals Agents may enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, deliver household items, or have a scheduled service carried out to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Company may deem appropriate, or to show the property to prospective purchasers.
- Neighborhood Rules/HOA: Many of our rental properties are located in mix-use neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year round residents and are controlled by a Home Owner’s Association and or Condominium Association. These associations have very strict rules that must be respected. Most violations warrant a fine that the guest will be responsible for paying. Many rental properties prohibit the onsite parking of recreational vehicles, personal watercraft (boats, trailers, jet skis, etc.) and/or restrict the number of motorized vehicles per rental unit. Please note these restrictions as set forth on our website, relating to the property that you are reserving.
- Policies & Rules: These Terms and Conditions are meant to protect our guests and home owners alike. All guests, as well as owners are required to conform accordingly. Violators are subject to eviction and possible criminal charges according to Florida Statute 509.141. Violation of these Terms and Conditions by the guest or any member of your party may result in additional charges, eviction and/or the forfeiture of advance payments of rent and/or imposition of charges to repair any damage. Paradise Beach Rentals reserves the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated these rental Policies and Rules in the past.
- Construction near your property: Paradise Beach Rentals represents growing communities and there is a chance that your unit may be near or next to some construction. Noise and altered views due to construction are beyond our control. If noise is excessive, you may notify Paradise Beach Rentals and we can attempt to contact the contractor/builder. Refunds, additional discounts, substitutions, or cancellations cannot be made due to nearby/next door construction.
- Indemnification and Hold Harmless: By making a reservation, Guest agrees to indemnify and hold the property’s Owner and Paradise Beach Rentals harmless from and against any liability arising from or related Guest’s use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, accidents, loss, damage or theft of Guest’s personal property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest(s). By making a reservation, Guest further releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the property’s Owner, Paradise Beach Rentals, its officers, staff, agents, or employees for any liability, claim and or cause of action arising from or related Guest’s use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury, accidents, loss, damage or theft of Guest’s personal property.
- Agency Disclosure: Paradise Beach Rentals serves as the Agent & representative of all owners of vacation properties in its rental program, and is acting at all times, in and for the best interests of the owners. Guest acknowledges that Owner of Rental Property may be a licensed Real Estate Agent.
- Personal Items: Management will not be held responsible for acts of theft or vandalism or other damages to the guest’s personal items left in the Home. Neither management, nor the owner is responsible for personal items left on the premises by guests upon departure.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of Florida and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction, located in the County within which the Rental Property is located.
- Bike & Pool Liability. By signing the Rental Agreement electronically and accepting the terms and conditions attached thereto, Guests who rent units that provide complementary bikes and/or a pool, further consent to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the attached Bike Waiver and Pool Disclaimer and Release of Liability Addendum, the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
- Electronic Door Locks: If you or any one in your party tampers with the lock OR the Smart HUB (plugged in near the lock) there will be a $75 fee per incident that will be taken out of your security deposit (Touch both the lock and the HUB and that’s $150).
- Golf Carts: By signing the Rental Agreement electronically and accepting the terms and conditions attached thereto, Guests who rent units that provide complementary, golf carts further consent to the express terms, conditions and waivers set forth in the attached Golf Cart Liability Waiver the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
- Cancellation: All cancellations must be in writing, and delivered to Paradise Beach Rentals prior to the times set forth below:
a. Short Term Stay: Cancelations made more than 120 days prior to the arrival date will receive a full refund of rent, less the booking fee. Cancelations made more than 60 days, but less than 120 days prior to the arrival date, will receive a refund of ½ of the total of booking charges. Cancelations of less than 60 days prior to the arrival date will result in a 100% loss of the total booking charges.
b. Long Term Stay: Cancelations made more than 180 days prior to the arrival date will receive a full refund of rent, less the booking fee. Cancelations made more than 90, but less than 180 days prior to the arrival date will receive a refund of ½ of the total of booking charges. Cancelations of less than 90 days prior to the arrival date will result in a 100% loss of the the total booking charges. Any change in the reservation of a Long Term Stay (other than a Cancelation) must be made at least 90 days prior to the arrival date.
c. Loss of rent due to a Cancelation can be avoided if Red Sky Travel Insurance was purchased and the reason for cancelation is covered under the travel insurance policy. If you choose to decline Red Sky Travel Insurance no refunds will be provided for cancelations made after the Cancelation Period, and you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges.
Paradise Beach Rentals, LLC reservations require guest to pay a non-refundable Accidental Damage Repair Service which is a one-time charge per reservation that covers accidental damage reported by the guest prior to check-out. Damage to the Property: This fee pays for unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The cost of this program varies by property, for paying up to $1,500 of unintentional damage. This pays for accidental damages that are reported prior to checkout. Any damages that exceed the $1500 will be charged to the credit card on file that you provided. As well as damages from negligence or wonton acts.
Conditions & Limitations: The Accidental Damage Repair Service Waiver has certain conditions, limitations and exclusions. This will NOT WAIVE the guest’s liability for damage or theft resulting from:
- Acts of God
- Intentional acts or omissions, abuse or neglect by a guest or a guest’s invitee. This includes any damages to the Property that could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including damages resulting in any additional cleaning and/or maintenance costs.
- Gross negligence which, for the purposes of this Agreement, shall be defined as an act by a guest or a guest’s invitee in reckless, willful or without disregard as to the consequences to the Property.
- Any cause, if the guest does not report the damage immediately to Company staff prior to checking out of the Property.
- Normal wear and tear
- Theft that results from guest’s failure to lock or secure the premises or property, including items such as bikes.
- Damages, additional cleaning costs or additional maintenance costs caused by an animal allowed on or in the property by guest or guest’s invitee, including any service or emotional support animals
- Damages resulting from unauthorized smoking on or in a property by guest or guest’s invitee.
- Damage to a golf cart provided with the rental property.
- This Damage Repair Service does not cover loss of use of the property
- This Service does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a guest or guest’s invitee.
- Property damage resulting from any motorized vehicle or watercraft operated by a The Plan applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property. It does not cover loss of use of such property.
- Damages that constitute normal wear and tear.
- Damages resulting from acts of God, including but not limited to acts resulting in fire, flood, or other natural disasters.
- Damages or losses to Property that are unrelated to the actions of the guest.
- Theft that occurs despite the guests’ reasonable efforts to secure the Property and related items.
Procedures: When a guest provides notice to Company prior to check-out of accidental or inadvertent damage to the Property, the Company will investigate the damage to determine whether the damage appears to have been caused by accidental or inadvertent actions, and to determine the nature and extent of the damages and the necessity for and costs of the repairs or replacements. Such determination shall be made in the sole and absolute discretion of the Company provided there is some reasonable basis for making such a determination. The Company has ultimate claim administration authority, and in the event of any dispute relating to this waiver. Guests agree to submit to binding arbitration in Walton County, Florida.